User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2001, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Your views on the Attack on Manhattan

Dear Discussion board members.
I was a little late getting up on Tuesday morning and got to the bus late when I noticed plumes of smoke from the downtown area. I thought that a ship (as in the sea) was on fire. It wasn't till I purchased my daily news papers that I started hearing words like "World Trade Center", and "fire".

I rushed up to work and saw all my co-workers huddled around the TV set in our conference room. It was about 9:15 then. I went to my desk and noticed that there were 4 messages on my voice mail. Three were from my twin brother, who was telling me to put on the TV or radio for news about the Twin Towers. He said a plane had crashed into them. Then my co-workers told me that a second plane had crashed into them; it was then that I knew that this was no accident. We were under attack.

An event was cancelled at work and I went to post the noticed at the event location and then went home (we closed shop at work). After picking up my girls from school I went home and sat in front of the TV. I was horrified to learn that my two beautiful Twin Towers were no more. Such as majestic site, gone forever. My heart broke as I was damm proud of those two building. The rest you know.

How did you make out that horrible day? How did you feel? What do you think we should do? How do we stay strong?
Old 09-16-2001, 03:45 PM

ATTACK ON MANHATTAN

Hello all,
I was watching the TODAY Show and it was interrupted with a photo of smoke coming out ot the Trade Bldg. I ran next door to my sister and told her to turn her TV on. Within minutes we viewed a plane diving into the other Bldg. I said immediately, "we are being attacked". When I heard that the flights had been hijacked by suicide terriosts, I was shocked and angered. I am old enought to remember the day WW II started, the Kennedys and Martin Luther King being shot and Columbine. I knew immediately I had just witnessed an American tragedy and the begining of a new period of history. I posted the following on my own family website and now here

PSALM 18:16-19

He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
He drew me out if deep waters,
He delivered me from my powerful enemies,
from those who hated me and
were too strong for me.
They attacked me at a moment when I was the weakest,
but the LORD upheld me.
He led me to a place of safety;
he rescued me because He delights in me.
PSALM 18:16-19
FROM THE DEVOTIONAL READINGS OF DAVID VEERMAN
BESIDE STILL WATERS
"David sang this psalm after God had rescued him from vindictive King Saul. Although David had few resources and allies, he knew that God would protect and defend him. Certainly David's enemies were "powerful" and "too strong for him. Trying to defeat them on his own surely would have led to disaster. So David found his strength in almighty God."
"At times, you may feel like David, surrounded by powerful enemies. With victory impossible on your own and with no way out, your only hope is in the Lord. Ask for His help; look for his guidence and direction; depend on His strength. And after the rescue, praise His name!"

My feelings,
Keep the faith,
God Bless America,
Bridget
Old 10-02-2001, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Very well said Bridget,
All I can say is "Praise the Lord".