East Harlem Online Discussion Forums  

Go Back   East Harlem Online Discussion Forums > Suggestions/Remarks > This board
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: does any one remember?
0 0%
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2001, 11:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tommy>P
stick ball on Plesant ave

If any one remembers playing or watching stick ball games on Plesant ave between 119st and 116st drop me a line maby we know each other . I use to pal out with the Bisons ball team they had a lot of triller games on that ave I was the one who ran up the roof to get the spaldeen when thay hit them on the roof tops. After the game we would all go to Scottys candy store for cold soda that was in the Ice chest he had in the front of the store.some of the names I remember >>>Zeak>>>Dennis Calby >>>the forcerelli brothers>> Lonny Reingelli whos family owned the Italian bakery on Plesant Bet 119 &118 boy I can still tast that seeded bread.....Also I was the one who stayed up all night selling christmas trees at the nighthawks on the corner of 119 and Plesant ave. On christmas eve I would take the biggest and fullest tree to my house at 454 E 119 stand decorate it with what ever we had .And we had christmas what memories wow.

Last edited by Tommy>P : 07-23-2001 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-23-2001, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Tommy,
I remember stickball, but in between Avenues, like on `112th between First and Second, or in school yards during lunch and during the summer months. We also played using the same stick as stick ball, we used the wall with a painted strike zone on it. Unfortunately, we lost a lot of balls by hitting home runs to roof tops across the street (104 and Lexington Avenue).

We also played stoopball at St. Cecilia's in the park on 106 between Lexington and Third Avenues.