East Harlem Online Discussion Forums  

Go Back   East Harlem Online Discussion Forums > Economic/Political > Community Boards
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2001, 07:16 AM

Don't Trust Board # 11

Jose,
I have heard and read about some of what has happened between you and board # 11. I would think that you and others would have a decent gripe with board # 11 and especially with the chairman David Givens.

I will tell you this. You are not alone. Many Hispanics applaude the issues you tried to bring up in terms of the board's make up and in terms of the District Manager's selection.

Mr. Givens is playing hard and fast. He is being a true politician. Putting his needs above those in the community. If it makes you feel any better, Jose, what goes around, comes around. Mr. Givens will have his coming to him and when that happens, I hope you are there to see it and smile. As I say "Doggie Day". Some of us are quiet, and have not entered into this fray. But in due time all will be known.

Last edited by muaddib : 07-04-2001 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-04-2001, 11:15 AM
Administrator

After reading your post, I was wondering if I know you? Are you are board member? A community activist? Involved in local politics? Just curious.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:41 PM

Believe it or not, I have seen you around the community. I keep myself informed on community politics. The best info being meeting minutes and your web site. If I see you around I may introduce myself. There is something to be said about being mysterious. I may be a female! or then again not. But I will continue to write about local events, people, issues.