East Harlem Online Discussion Forums  

Go Back   East Harlem Online Discussion Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2001, 08:58 AM

Puerto Rican Weekend 2001

I just have to say, I had a fantastic time at the festival on 116th street! I know it was really packed but everyone was on their best behavior. The food and Music were really good, On Sunday I didnt get to go to the parade ( I was at the Orchard Beach Parade) but it looked really nice on TV and their were no complaints. I felt so proud to be Puerto Rican, I felt so much love!!!
Thanks for listening...........
KEV
Old 06-12-2001, 08:25 PM
Administrator

KristinaElena,

I went to the festival too. In fact, I went earlier with a group that was doing a walking tour of East Harlem's eateries. So I was at the festival from about 11:30 AM to aoubt 1:00 PM. It was not too crowded then, so all went smoothly.

The people were nice, the girls were pretty and all were happy to be Puerto Rican!!!!. The food was not too bad either. I met some friends later in the afternoon, but it was a lot more crowded than it was at earlier in the morning.

I did not go to the parade either. I have found that East 86th is too crowded and I am too lazy to go further south. Did Jennifer Lopez show up at the parade? I know Marc Anthony and the govenor of PR were there. Wouldn't it be cool if Jennifer was reading this? (Jennifer if you are reading this, please call me at
212-722-.....) Opps, just lapsed into a fantasy.

I am glad you had fun. I did take some pictures and will put them up on the web site later next weekend.

Oh, New York 1 was there and they filmed us eating at around the neighborhood. They said that it will be viewed either this week or next. If I find out, I will post it on this forum for all to see yours truly.

Que Viva El Barrio!!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 08:04 AM

Hi Jose,
YES!!! that would be cool if Ms. Lopez herself reads this messege board. I think she is gorgeous and I love to see her at all the shows like the Oscars & Grammys. I wish she would have been at the parade last year & this year. but she wasn't. I bet sure she's really busy. I wonder if she used to hang out at Orchard beach since she's from the Bronx, I love that beach. It's not the prettiest or the cleanest, but I love it. It brings back memeories from when i was growning up. My whole entire family would go from 9 in the morning till the last bus to the train.
Anyway, I got carried away there! Glad to hear you had a nice time aswell.
KEV