Go Back   East Harlem Online Discussion Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2001, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Missing Kitty!!!!

I have had to re-type this entry due to the server change. The hosting company on which this site and discussion forum are on have moved them to a new server. Because of this, a day from the older version of this discussion board was left out of this one. So I have re-typed this entry by aiesha.

On June 1, 2001
aiesha wrote:

Hello. I read the postings here, but I have never posted. Right now, I really need your assistance. My beloved kitty Domino is missing. She was last seen in front of 335 E 111th St., corner of 1st Ave. She is of small to medium size with brown and
black tiger-like stripes. She has a white chest and white paws. She is 9 months old.

If you find her, please call (212) 828-7566, (917) 587-6944, or (917) 775-6704.Or, you can email me at aiesha.turman@esc.edu.

I thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.
Old 06-06-2001, 10:52 PM

Question Population

Hello Jose,

I'm not sure if you can answer this question for me,but maybe you can. I live in western ny about 70miles east of Buffalo
in Rochester. Here in Rochester there is not a big Puerto Rican population. I was wondering if u can tell me what is the Puerto Rican population there in "el barrio" and all of nyc if you can!! Also if you know what is the largest latino group that resides on nyc?

Thanks David!!
Old 06-07-2001, 07:16 AM
Administrator

chiqui,
The Hispanic population in El Barrio according to the latest census figures was 60,000. I say Hispanic because we have a large and growing Mexican population. The lastest census figures did not differentiate between Puerto Rican and Mexican. Though most of the 60,000 is assumed to be Puerto Rican. El Barrio also has a population of 44,000 African Americans

Puerto Ricans in New York City is said to be around 700,000 and Domicans are said to number around 500,000.

I hope this answers your question