East Harlem Online Discussion Forums  

Go Back   East Harlem Online Discussion Forums > Culture > Arts/Culture
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2006, 11:15 PM

Thumbs up Hi Sculptor new here. David Aponte Resto

Hi, a little about my self. Born in Queens New York, Living on the island of Pureto Rico, for the past 26 years. After seeing Roots on a TV Series, in the mid 70's I move to the island in the city of Caguas. On my quest for our true
history, in the field of art as a self made sculptor. and as a Pureto rican artist I in my work have try to keep our story alive in the art for as Mr. Arthur Alfonso Schomburg state "History must restore what slavery took away" So que el Negrito de santurce Live for ever in our harts and mines.
I was commission to compose a Monument to commemorate, on the contribtion of the Afro-Caribbean to the New World. A former slave sit by a river bank and play a drum called a {Buliador} native to the coast of Puerto Rico. Now are us in the Boomba and plena. A bass Drum made of old us barrels of molassa from the cain fields, goats skins and rope.
The abolishment of slavary on the island from Spian on march 22,1873.
Some 133 years ago. So on March 22,2006 was the unvailing of my life work. It's stands 13 feet tall and weighing a grand total of six tons in Bronze
So no your next visit to the Island, on your family quest, stop in the city of
Caguas the center and hart of the island 15 min. from San Juan Rt 183 Caguas to San Lorenzo If not cheek out http://puretoricanpower.net/art/david/index.htm own and operated by another boriqua from Chicago also name Jose thanks God we have pepole like them que Viva borinquen.
my email is davidelindio@yahoo.com and your remarks on this forum are important. Palante! P.S. now you can view more Photos and add your comments on http://my.opera.com/davidelindio/albums/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me-el-negro.jpg (1.3 KB, 602 views)
File Type: jpg andy-&me.jpg (2.6 KB, 632 views)

Last edited by David Aponte : 07-29-2006 at 01:12 AM.