Go Back   East Harlem Online Discussion Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2005, 12:04 PM

Spanglish questionnaire

Hello everyone!
If you have some extra time, please contribute to a study (M.A. thesis) I'm doing on the features of Spanglish and/or the English(es) spoken by U.S Latinos. I've already received responses to the questionnaire (see the link below) from Latinos of diverse national backgrounds (Mexico, Colombia, Peru and El Salvador), living in California, the Southwest and Virginia, but haven't been able to reach anyone living in New York or anyone with roots in Puerto Rico. In other words, responses from 'Nuyorricans' would be especially welcome, but anyone with roots in Latin America is welcome to participate – the only limitation I make is that you are over 15 years old (sorry youngsters, but as far as linguistic studies go, you are in a league of your own…) and that you live in the United States.

There's no commercial interest involved and I can't promise you anything in return for your contribution except that you'll be making me very happy, and taking a step toward making a couple of academics slightly more enlightened!(Plus an eventual summary of the results of my study, should you choose to want such a summary). I'm doing my M.A. at the University of Helsinki, Finland.

The questionnaire, which can be filled out online, is a bit long, but it shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes to complete it (lots of multiple choices, and one or two chances to make longer comments if you feel like it). Your responses will be handled anonymous and completely confidentially - no metadata is gathered.

You can find the questionnaire at
https://kampela.it.helsinki.fi/elom...745/lomake.html. Once again, your contribution would be very much appreciated. Please submit your responses before June 30 and feel free to contact me if you want more information on the subject. I thank everyone for reading this message and for their possible responses to the questionnaire. I hope you all have a nice day!
Old 06-30-2005, 11:03 AM

Hi again all!
I thought I'd let you know that I've only received one response to my questionnaire ... and I probably don't need to tell you that I'd welcome many more (thanks a bunch for that one response, though)!

Just in case any of you would still like to contribute, I will keep the pages open for another few days, say until Sunday (July 3). Please see my previous posting for the address of the questionnaire. As mentioned, I would really appreciate all contributions, so if you're interested and have the time, please participate. Okay, have a good one!

Elina