Go Back   East Harlem Online Discussion Forums > Economic/Political > Politics
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Adam Powell

I was recently relieved to hear that our Asssemblyman, Adam Powell, is in the clear of some trumped up charges. I send our Assemblyman my best wishes, and some advice, Hey Adam, be carefull!!

Secondly, I am like most am curious about rumored run for Congress this year. Since I love politics (the most serious spectator sport there is) I also wish to know if Adam will run. And since we are probably have an exciting State Senate race with four popular running against each other, why not an exciting Congressional race? Excuse me for being selfish, but the more political excitement the better, don't you think? This does not constitute an endorsement, just a selfish wish for a more exciting political summer.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:53 PM

Even with the bad press Adam Powell won the 2004 Assembly Race

Even with the bad press Adam Powell recieved this year he won the assembly race. The tally as most might know Powell 52%, Baca 13% and Ruiz 35%. The truth will set anybody free and lies will bring you down. What does Ruiz think when he throws lies out there that he is going to win the assembly seat? He needs to go and find a fire and dial 911 to put it out because he isn't even qualified to that. Ruiz give up politics because it's just a waste of time, engery and money to think that you will ever hold a seat here in East Harlem. God save us if that ever happens which it won't! Evette Zayas said it best in an article written in the daily news " John Ruiz doesn't care about the presumption of innocence" during a rally held in front of the assembly district office.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:30 AM

Ok Student

Ok Student Once You Begin To Demean You Are Going To Hear From Me. Take A Pencil Sit Down And Learn. Mr Ruiz Like Anyone Else In East Harlem, That Is In Politics, Has To Use What Is Available To Get Votes. If The Presidentials Do It Why Not Us. Furthermore If Ruiz Made A Mistake It Came When He Decided To Run Against Powell Instead Of Against Denis And Serrano. Everyone That Voted For Powell Would Have Voted For Ruiz If They Were Not Running Against Each Other. They Both Have The Same Followers. Instead Denis Got Wiped Out By Serrano. Ruiz Got 35% Of The Vote Which Puts Him Right In Place For City Council If We Get Powell Support. It Is Going To Take This Combination To Beat Felipe Luciano. So My Friend No One Loses In Politics You Just Prepare For Your Next Battle. For Your Information Their Are Community Members That If They Ran For Any Office Will Win Out Of Default Because No One Will Run Against Them. One Of TheM Is Being Groomed As I Write. Stay Nice Ok

Last edited by LSRA : 09-24-2004 at 07:12 PM.