East Harlem Online Discussion Forums  

Go Back   East Harlem Online Discussion Forums > Economic/Political > Economic Development
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2004, 01:56 PM

Post Available Apartment

Does anyone know anyone who is looking to rent a studio apartment in Harlem for about $500 -550 a month. Landlord is not renewing my lease.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:27 AM

housing and Ruiz

In a luncheon for Ruiz democratic candidate for state senate he outlined a program for state funded fixed income housing..the funding will be offset by a new bill introduced by Mr. Ruiz once elected to the senate. First candidate to understand that at the state level no democrat is allowed to introduce a bill unless he has a republican co-sponsor.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:30 PM

Housine

I don't understand the response I got back regarding my inquiry for affordable housing, in my neighborhood alone, EL Barrio, rents has skyrocketed. My landlord is a slumlord-I have called Department of Buildings regarding the structure as well as the water damage from my neighbors in my building and to no avail have someone came out to inspect the building. Now I am endanger of being homeless because I cannot afford to pay more than what I am paying now.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:00 PM

Thumbs up housing

My point is that fixed income housing will be based totally on income similar to NYCHA housing. Since the federal government has refused to build anymore housing projects the state will be pressured to do so...homelessness is rampant...be very careful. During the riots of the sixties they blamed the poor for burning down their own communities. The landlords that refused to fix apartment set fires to collect insurance and the poor were blamed. Sorry I can't be of any more help. Hope you can get that landlord to do something constructive...
Old 06-22-2005, 02:33 PM

Looking for a room or an affordable appartment (if there are any in El Barrio)

Mexican teacher and Graduate student looking to rent a room somewhere in El Barrio. If anyone can help me please let me know. Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply to this post. I can be reached at
mespieds2003@yahoo.com
Old 07-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Administrator

I don't know if you found a place, but rents are high. You will not find anyplace for $500. Good Luck.