Go Back   East Harlem Online Discussion Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Time To Disarm Saddam

I have been pretty quite these last few months, hoping against hope that the United Nations would resolve the crisis with Irag. Unfortunately, the world has been turned on its head by the French's new stab at leadership in Europe by opposing the United States.

The French have choosen a bad time to show how "grown up" they are in fact putting a whole continent in peril by obstructing the only road to peace, the forcefull removal of Saddam from power.

Hmmmm, the last time the French helped Iraq (with a nuclear reactor), the Isrealis blew that plan in their face (they bombed the nuclear reactor).

After months of feet dragging by the UN, President Bush has rightly decided the time for stalling is at an end. The world has to become a safer place and with the coalition of the "willing", that is what will happen.

As a former 10 year veteran of the military, I believe that only through strength do rogue nations ever comply with civilization. Apeasement has never worked and is seen as weakness by those who would enslave us. When will we learn this? And isn't 12 years enough time for Saddam to disarm?

I ask those marching for Peace about their lack of presence when Saddam killed the Kurds? About Kosovo? And about the inter tribal wars in Africa? You can't be selective about peace. And all you really are is Anti-US. The left has shown its cards, and America will remember. I have not forgotten 911.

Also, as a former veteran, I have more than the right to speak my mind. I put myself on the line for 10 years, so that all could speak their minds, for and against.

So I pray for our troops. War is never a good thing, but sometimes its the only thing to keep the peace.

God Bless the President, America, Isreal, Spain, Portugal, England and all the coalition forces.