East Harlem Online Discussion Forums  

Go Back   East Harlem Online Discussion Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2002, 06:24 AM

Question I'm working on this community ? Is the word not disused ?

Hi everybody,
I am a French student and I work on the communities in New York. But I have to confess that it is really difficult to find a lot of things about it as I don't live there.
So I'm glad I've found this forum : maybe you can help me !
I would like to know first your general impression about East Harlem. Then, I'd like you to tell me what you think of the security, the economy and the culture ( arts, newspapers, language). How is East Harlem implied in the politic of New York ?
And, at last, if you think that there's a lot of segregation and if you think that officials are doing efforts so as to avoid it.
And don't you think that, added with racism, East Harlem is isolated ( because of segragation from other communities or because of his own will, maybe in order to save its culture...? )
Well, every views and judgements are accepted. Thanks a lot !!
tatiana
P.S : it would be good if someone tells me his own experience in there and if someone agrees to keep in touch with me so as to discuss more profoundly about it. Thank you again !
Old 11-20-2002, 04:11 PM

Bonjour, Frenchie

Je vous souhaite bien dans votre rassemblement d'études et information tentatives de. Je suis aussi un académique "clouté, t" de même qu'un étudiant de vie et apprécie la plupart des présentations de la vie dans une vie. Je dis cela de dire ceci: n'importe combien nous pensons que nous sommes maître de ce que nous pouvons et ne ferons pas, la vie toujours quelque chose de lancements à nos sentiers pour altérer notre, ou redirect notre direction, ou même comment nous atteignons notre destination désirée.

Dans un effort dans aider vous et je dans l' "apprentissage" et partager -Harlem d'est- les perspectives je vous défie de poster vos vues des questions vous demandez et comparez plus tard et le constraste vos découvertes avec votre vue initiale (le s).

S'il vous plaît inclure votre route, ou vos moyens d'obtenir de référence votre vue (le s), et ce qu'a mené vous à l'Harlem Com d'est.

Je crois poster votre initiale -sincère- reponses ici à "vos" questions menera à une discussion vigoureuse et vous gagne finalement le plus haut degré permis par votre instructeur et ce que je croit peut être également important est "la clarté & la compréhension.

Last edited by Jibaro : 11-20-2002 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:25 PM

Translation

Hello, Frenchie

I wish you well in your studies and information gathering endeavors.
I am also an academic "student" as well as a student of life and appreciate most of life's presentations in one's lifetime. I say that to say this: No matter how much we think we are in control of what we can and will not do, life always throws something unto our paths to alter our, or redirect our direction, or even how we reach our desired destination.

In an effort in assisting both you and I in "learning" and sharing
-East Harlem- perspectives I challenge you to post your views of the questions you ask and later compare and contrast your findings with your initial view(s).

Please include your route, or means of reference obtaining your view(s), and what led you to East Harlem.com.

I believe posting your initial -sincere- reponses here to "your" questions will lead to a vigorous discussion and ultimately earn you the highest grade allowed by your instructor and what I believe may be equally important is "clarity & understanding. "

Last edited by Jibaro : 12-01-2002 at 08:25 PM.