America did wrong and she must pay. Reparations are long over due for Black people in America. Several American businesses, companies, organizations, and communities benefited from slavery, because America was built on slavery. Everything we see in America today, was built on slavery. The boot cut cotton denim Levi 501, the 2002 luxurious fully loaded Ford Expedition, the Fleet Boston Corparation, hell, America's first president was born on a Virginia plantation had over 22,000 acres of land and well over 400 black slaves (each 3 slaves being counted as 1 meaning he trully owned over 1200 hundred black slaves) his grand father John Washington owned black slaves in the late 1600's.
America built long term economic securtiy off slave labor. In 1790, 4 million people lived in America and 800 thousand were black slaves (20%, each 3 slaves being counted as 1 meaning there were a total of 2.4 million over half the population). America used black slaves to farm land not as a business, but as a subsistence way of life for their family households.
However, in the 1790's warring European nations looked to American farms for food and American farmers responded with high prices using black slave labor to move the nation from subsistence agriculture to market farming. The transition to the market affected every part of America and she enormouslly wealthy without paying any retribution to black slaves or decendents and today she still doesn't share the wealth.
The Problems On Your Problems With Reparations
1. Black people in America today are affected physically, mentally, spiritually, and economically by slavery. We envy each other, distrust one and other, and kill each other daily without conciousness. This is not happening in other communities. Look at white people in America, they laugh, argue, fight and build together. They own they're communities and it's been this way since the birth of America. The conditions we as black people, live in America today are preset from birth, racist traps are designed to keep us from achieving, while presets conditions for whites in America are designed for them to prosper.
2. The majority of black people born in America are direct decendents of slaves, our great grand anchestors were black owned slaves, the master has always controlled demographics and told us what to believe. The truth is African Americans are the majority in America and have always been. Just look at it this way, a successful company or business usually have a sole owner or maybe a partnership between a couple of people but a successful company doesn't have 5 employers and 1 employee, it's the other way around and from day one it was more of us than them. You only needed one master but you needed several slaves to labor to become successful, you do the mat!
3. The should not be a middle class of African Americans, we should all be wealthy because our anchestors slave labor enabled America to gain infinite economic security.
4. Whites did not die fighting to free slaves in the civil war, they fought because they had to protect their assets.
5. African Americans are victims, victims of circumstance, victims of persecution, victims of injustice, victims of inhumanity. We're still facing the same problems we faced 400 years ago, no justice, peace, freedom, or equality, we just survive day by day the best we know how. America denied us education, prosperity, wealth, freedom of religion, creativity, culture, and GOD against our will and this is still going today. Tell me I'm not a victim!
6. Americans don't pay reparations because they are ashamed of themselves. Paying reparations would mean America would have to admit to committing one of the world's most horrible acts in history. To pay reparations would go against the very pricinples America was built upon. George Washington would not stand for that, this is they're world and every thing in it. She doesn't have a place for GOD, the almighty dollar is her master all she cares about is her power, wealth, and current crusade.
7. Every nation that prospered from slavery should pay the decendents of free laborers because dues have already been paid, the nations are wealthy.
8. Every African American should be entitled to land, property, free education, livestock, machinery, businesses, cash, and credit.
9. Justice is not for just slaves it for Just-Us, direct decendents of free slave laborers that built enormous wealth for this nation. Reparations will be justice because there is nothing else to give. Admit you wrong doing, correct it and move on.
10.There's no change without war, a "civil war" is just what we need since we are not viewed as civilized people in America.
11.We don't need apologizes, we need money to rebuild our communities, restructure our families, provide opportunities for future generations and re create America.
12.We pay taxes any way so taxes are an issue, our debt has already been paid in full by our anchestors free labor. Without the labor of black slaves America would not exist as she does. Black slaves provided so much wealth for America we don't need to pay taxes on reparations, but we will pay taxes on our land, property, businesses, and profits we make from reparartions.
Last edited by rellymo : 05-17-2002 at 12:35 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|