Go Back   East Harlem Online Discussion Forums > Culture > Arts/Culture
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2002, 09:55 PM
Administrator

De La Vega Defaced!!!

I was surprised and disappointed today when I opened the latest edition of our community newspaper - Siempre, and found out that someone has been defacing James De La Vega's work throughout the community.

Someone has been drawing smiley faces on some of his work. Naturally De La Vega is not happy with this and feels like he is not appreciated.

First, James, You Are Appreciated. Don't even think about leaving the community. Secondly, some unthinking person, who has no appreciation for the work it takes to do art, probably defaced your work. The unthoughfullness of one person should not drive an artist out of the community. And James, if you are reading this, that is all it is. One dumb person. It does not mean that the rest of us don't appreciate you. Keep up the good work James. Sometimes rewards take a lifetime to get and maybe even more time thana that. The whole population of El Barrio may not be knocking on your door saying "Thanks", but it does not mean that deep in their hearts, they don't appreciate and admire your work. I do.

I don't hear much from the community about this web site, but I take heart and realize that for me, the work of doing it is my reward. James, don't think about leaving.!!