View Single Post
Old 09-10-2003, 07:59 PM

Jose,
You are too kind. Where is the rage? Where is the anger?
There are a few issues going on here.

1. Reed and his band of power hungry council people disregarded the will of the people in skirting the term limits imposed on them by the New York City Charter. I am apalled by their blatant self-interest in giving themselves the opportunity for another term. This is why people don't trust minorities. Cause sometime we tend to change the rules to suit ourselves. Exactly what Reed and Company did.

2. East Harlem deserves Hispanic representation. We are a majority Hispanic district. Harlem doesn't have one white person serving as a legislator. And for good reason. It shouldn't. They should be represented by those who make up the community (majority).

But Harlem politicians continue to cheat and manipulate district boundaries to suit themselves.

3. Reed is a West Sider with a West Sider mindset. He is not one of us. Why the F**K is he representing us? We don't need West Siders representing us. Personally he is a good person, but not the one we need.

Ms. Viverito can learn from this too. Melissa get support from within East Harlem next time. We don't need outsiders from the West Side or the Lower East Side affecting East Harlem politics. Outsiders don't have to live with the havoc they create here. Oh and smile more, people like that. They don't like the "angry or stoic" activist all the time. Dump that persona and you may go far. There is no charge for this advice.

4. How many of the candidates did Reed and his fellow Harlemites convince to get into the race to split the Hispanic vote? Believe me, it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Lastly, a question for the Councilman (no I don't believe in that pc crap about councilpeople, chairperson, etc...). How can you sleep knowing that you have denied a whole community a representative from their own ranks? Yes we are partly at fault (Hispanics), but you have not helped the situation a whole lot. Please answer my question.

To Felix Rosado, good try. Better Luck Next Time.
To Edwin Marcial - do politics or business, but not both.
To Mr. Vargas, you can only go up from here.
To Fireman Ruiz, I don't get you.
To Evette Zayas, go girl, kick butt!!
To Harry Rodriguez, congratulations I know you must have won.
To Candy Maldonado, you should have backed a Hispanic and the idea of Hispanic representation in our community. We don't forget but we forgive. You are good people but don't go against your community again, please.
To Woody Henderson, who are you?

Sorry for the long windedness Jose, I just had to get it off my chest. And can you please take Reeds mug off the front page of your site. It's an affront to us the oppressed (by those politicians from Harlem and West Siders).

This opinion is protected by my free speech rights. If you can't take it, you don't belong in politics. And remember, this is a discussion forum. Which means a particular thing (ask your lawyers) and has a particular legal meaning.

Saying of the day
"Lawyers are those who practice law, but not necessarily Justice."