View Single Post
Old 05-22-2001, 06:58 PM
Administrator

His name does not ring a bell, but then again, I did not get out much except with school friends.

I was surprised to read that you were Pentecostal. You don't seem like your were/are by your writing. Don't take offense. How was Pentecostal life for a girl? Do you recommendit? I did check out the "Protestant" church as we would call it, but I did not like untimed services. When I was young(er) our masses were 45 minutes max, in and out in less than an hour. Now they are more like an hour and 15 minutes.

But when I attended the church on 111th and Lexington one morning, the service did not end. I was told, it was going too good. I was waiting for the morning service to end to check out the late morning service. I was told I could not rush the Holy Spirit and that the service could continue for a few more minutes or hours. When I heard the word hours, I left quicker than you could spit. Never to return. They may be right about the Holy Spirit, but it was a little too much uncertainty for me. I love order. Hope you know what I mean. I am not trying to bad mouth Protestants. It's just too different for me.

Have you ever been to a Catholic church? If so, what were your impressions? Be honest. I am not trying to convert, just curious how we are seen by others.

Hey if you wish to talk politics too, we may as well break the rule about talking about religion and politics.